Saturday, June 25, 2011

Serenity's First Sewing Lesson

My daughter has giant windows in her bedroom.  For 10 months now she has been asking, and needing, window coverings. 


She picked the fabric and did all the work herself.

There was enough
 fabric left over that
she could make a
matching pillow. 


I must say that she was an amazing student.  She was very patient with her teacher's anxiety.  All I saw were those 11 year-old fingers next to a fast moving needle, yikes! 


I will always cherish this day.  She is a natural and will go on to make many things now, but I was able to be her teacher just like my mom was my teacher.









 Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Aww!!! That's incredible, and cute! She has good taste in fabric.

    11 years old, huh? Wow, time flies! BTW, did you know that our oldest girls have similar names? Yours is Serenity, ours is Serenade!

    ReplyDelete